GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  Books & Literature  ~  they plan to do the same

juanjuan075249
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 10 Mar 2015 Posts: 117 Location: china
Its a strategy.The best thing I can relate this to is the Bluray launch. I think this is like a rewind for me, a lot of the same questions, where people were saying, Ive got a huge DVD collection why would I upgrade to a new type of media? And someone has to push it out there to show its a superior technology and to show that it can achieve widespread adoption over time, said Rohde. He also stated that Sony is good at providing products on the bleeding edge that offer the full experience, such as the Blurayplaying PS3.The problem is, of course, that these products, at the outset, cost a lot of money. The PS3, after all, retailed for a whopping $599 when it was released in 2006, leaving Sony to play catchup to Microsoft and Nintendo in the console wars. And when they did, it was only after emphatic price cuts, with the system now retailing for $299. Then again, Sony has, in many gamers eyes, caught up to the 360, but it was only after the company lost millions on the PS3 before Cheap FF14 Gil they even turned one iota of profit. And now, they plan to do the same with a proposition that may cost consumers upwards of $5000, not $600. If Sony lost money before, they could positively hemorrhage it with slow 3D adoption.And like with the PS3s launch, Nintendos smiling face is right there to spoil Sonys party. The motion controlequipped, far more affordable Wii drew consumers eyes away from the PS3 back in 2006, because it was a far more costeffective option. And now, Nintendo may do it again with the 3DS, which could provide a far less restrictive experience, being portable, far more affordable, and of course, not having to buy extra pairs of glasses to enjoy the experience. The Wii won the war in 2006 because it was hundreds cheaper, and the 3DS, which will be going up against the roll out of Sonys 3D before the end of the 2010 fiscal year, will be thousands.In short, Sony is taking a huge risk with 3D, hoping that its popularity in movie theaters thanks to blowaway successes like Avatar will lead to success with gamers. But the issues