GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  General  ~  GUILLOTINE EFFECT

KAPTAIN
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 29 Jan 2007 Posts: 1
Hello,

Great site, I was wondering if anyone knew how the guillotine effect was achieved on stage. i.e. an actor's head being placed under the guillotine and it seemingly being chopped off. Hand and Wilson's book make reference to it but don't say how the effect was actually achieved. Is there anywhere where an explanation/diagrams of the effect are available/show you how to do it?

With thanks,

K Roux.
mwilson
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quote
Forums Regular Joined: 03 Dec 2003 Posts: 12
I haven't got the book to hand at the moment, but if I remember rightly there are some drawings in Pierron's Le Grand Guignol.

Mike
Rocco van Loenen
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:41 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 3 Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
I have an old photocopy from the Pierron book at home and just put it in the machine. Looks great. I've you ever produce this, please post some pictures or video. I'll try and send it to you by e mail.

Rocco
armagecko
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 15 Nov 2004 Posts: 9
There's little doubt that this effect was achieved at Le theatre du Grand Guignol much the same way that magicians have been doing it for over 65 years. There are at least three different versions that are still being performed today. To reveal the inner workings of this illusion on a messageboard would be remiss, however, nothing prevents you from finding this information for yourself. To begin your research into this clever effect, consult a good magic encyclopedia. Or, if you're planning to build the prop yourself, google "Paul Osborne" or go to www.tannens.com. Plans usually sell for $25-40. If you want a guillotine already assembled, check with www.illusionwarehouse.com (Bruce is a great guy) or even ebay. Good luck!
fdgtryry
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 19 Sep 2013 Posts: 53
Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your Cheapest Runescape Gold favorite foods,visit the places Buy Runescape Gold you love; You do not keep anything for a special Buy Runescape Gold occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION
fdgtryry
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 19 Sep 2013 Posts: 53
Love is a telephone which is always Buy Runescape Gold busy, When you are ready to die for love, you only find, to your disappointment, the line is already occupied rs gold by someone else, and you are greeted only by a busy line, This is an eternal regret handed down from generation to generation and you are RuneScape Gold only one of those who languish for followers.