GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  General  ~  Grand Guignol Posters?

Cyphane
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:04 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 27 Dec 2007 Posts: 1
Hi, I am a young fan of the Grand Guignol theater! I was wondering, where one would be able to purchase posters/flyers from plays of the actual theater?

The Eric Horton collection of posters on this website is amazing!

CHEERS!
Russell Blackwood
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 125
Original Grand Guignol posters do come up for sale every now and again on ebay or other websties. They all cost and arm and a leg!

Keep looking though!
Russ
squajo
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 23 Jan 2008 Posts: 1 Location: Mexico City/Paris/Madrid/Los Angeles
I collect Original artifacts and I can tell you they are expensive. I got most of mine in the mid to late 1960's. I did find very old photographs (1920's) in a book stall here in Paris where most of the stuff can be found. A prize possession is Guignol (a puppet the theatre was named after).

--Squajo
Russell Blackwood
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 125
Hey Squajo!

Sounds like a collection we'd all be interested to see! Do you have photograhs you'd be willing to share of items in your GG collection?

Cheers!
Russ
Michael L
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 11 Jun 2004 Posts: 5
Just a word to add that I own about 10 different posters for Grand Guignol plays, from 40s to 60s. I missed one of the first 1910s posters on a sale about tow years ago, great design and I cannot cope with that... I really loved it and missed it stupidly!

In the future months, I will take pictures of them and post them here. I would say 3/4th are already presented in your gallery, but I must have 2 or 3 that are not here, and also the huge 48x64 french poster with Maxa bleeding (same as the small posted on the site, but large size is very striking).
armagecko
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 15 Nov 2004 Posts: 9
There's one listed on eBay right now. Price is only $400 (cheap!) with one bid. Better hurry, though, only two days left.
Kyle W
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 05 Jan 2009 Posts: 1 Location: Canada
Hi All,

My name is Kyle and I'm directing a short low budget horror film. Set to go to camera in the mid-end of January. I'm looking to pay homage to Le Grand Guignol by featuring a couple of posters in my film. I was wondering if anyone has any high-resolution electronic versions of Le Grand Guignol posters that they'd be willing to send to me? If possible I'm looking for "La Sorciere" and "L'Etreinte du Mort" from the poster section of the website but would be grateful for anything.

In exchange, coupled my extreme gratitude, I would be happy to include a credit in the film. E.g. "Posters courtesy of..." and a promotional website (if you have one.) E.g. "www.grandguignol.com" Finally, once the film is completed I will send you a copy of it.

Please let if you or anyone you know can make this possible and I can get into more specific details at that time.

Yours sincerely,

Kyle
m lee
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Posts: 6 Location: new york new york
Hello,

I'm a new member from NY NY. I have several original Grand Guignol posters dated back 1910"s and would like to know the current market value. I would also like to know how to get a hold of Eric Horton as he doesnot have any of my collection. And yes I would post the title and perhaps the photos of them if that is the right thing to do.
m lee
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Posts: 6 Location: new york new york
Hello,

I'm a new member from NY NY. I have several original Grand Guignol posters dated back 1910"s and would like to know the current market value. I would also like to know how to get a hold of Eric Horton as he doesnot have any of my collection. And yes I would post the title and perhaps the photos of them if that is the right thing to do. Evil or Very Mad