GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  Special Effects  ~  Realistic sword wounds

dbareford
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 07 Mar 2011 Posts: 2 Location: Chicago
I've been designing swordfights for 20 years, and have lately become dissatisfied with the industry standard for sword wounds. I've used blood packs, I.V. Bags, A/B blood, even a motorized blood pump, but I'm looking for more ways to bring home to a modern audience the full lethality of the sword. For the purposes of this post, let's assume a slash with a rapier to the upper arm. Here are my criteria:

-- it must be convincing at close range (Chicago audiences are often 4-5 ft away from the action
-- it must deliver the appropriate amount of blood for a wound of its nature, and in a time frame consistent with its nature (meaning a one-shot blood pack won't cut it)
-- it must be operable by actor(s) on stage in real time
-- it must be repeatable for multiple shows a week
-- it would be nice if there was evidence of additional body trauma (such as hanging flaps of skin of exposed muscle and the attendant costume damage.

My purpose for this is to counterpoint the real effects of edged weapon violence with the happy-go-lucky swashbuckling as popularized by the likes of Errol Flynn. I want to leverage the fear a modern person would have about getting involved in a knife fight, and remind them viscerally that a sword is just a 3-foot knife waiting to kill.

Any thoughts on the illusion?
fdgtryry
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 19 Sep 2013 Posts: 53
Maybe God wants Diablo III Gold us to meet a few wrong people before Diablo 3 Gold meeting the right one, so that when we finally diablo 3 Gold meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
fdgtryry
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 19 Sep 2013 Posts: 53
To live in diablo 3 items a world without you is more painful diablo 3 power leveling than any punishment. Do you know that no one can replace diablo 3 power leveling you in my heart?
Jakot63
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
Forums Regular Joined: 20 Oct 2017 Posts: 14
Great knowledge, Everyone should read this.
Read full report